Sunday 9 November 2014



A ROLADEX ART CARD FOR LINDA LAPOTKA


My friend Linda Lapotka on YouTube has been making art on Rolodex cards since the beginning of the year and now she's over 300 days into it without missing a day and hopes to continue until the end of the year.

I thought it would be nice to send her a creation of mine that she can either add to her collection or start a new collection with efforts of friends. I know Martina Huppertova is also sending her one.

If you'd also like to join in. Why not send Linda a message through YouTube.

I painted the background with Black Gesso then used Imagination Craft's Sparkle Medium in Blue Sapphire and Old Rose through a home made flower stencil. I doodled  the stems and leaves with a Gelly Roll Midnight pen in green and then added white Gelly Roll pen to highlight the leaves and to add dots around the stems. I also doodled a border and around the sentiment with a pink Gelly Roll Midnight pen. These pens stand out particularly well on a black background. I punched some small yellow flowers and adhered them into the centre of the large flowers and added a pink dot into their centres. Simple but effective and that Sparkle Gel is really so loaded with glitter it's amazing. and one of my favourite products.

Below is a short video of it's creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment