Thursday 30 March 2017

CAPTURE THE MAGIC - Art Journal Page

Hi There,
I decided to make another Art Journal page using the free stampset which came with Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine Issue 160

Its a really pretty little set and a great freebie as it also comes with a stencil (Which I used in my last post) and an embossing strip.


I started the page by stamping my image then I covered it with Pebeo Drawing Gum. When completely dry I added  an ombre wash using Spectrum Noire Aquatint 02 from the Perfectly Primary set.

 I added the ink to the top of the page then blended it with clean water to the bottom of the page. I left this to air dry then rubbed off the drawing gum with a "Mask Away" rubber.

 I coloured the flower image with Zig clean colour real brush water-colour marker pens. I then covered the image with a cloth and splattered the background with black gesso thinned with water using a fan brush.

 Later I added Viva Decor Facetten-Lack Crackling Colour paste in white using the diamond stencil by Crafter's Workshop..

 I stamped and doodled a border around the edge then stamped out the butterflies and bee stamp also included i the set and once again coloured them with the Zig markers. I adhered these to the page with Tacky Glue and then added a few words from the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology ChitChat stickers as my sentiment.

 I outlined this with a Sketch & Wash charcoal pencil and activated it with water. I also used this pencil to shade under the leaves, flowers and the butterflies.



YouTube Video of its Step-By-Step  Creation



No comments:

Post a Comment